Wok Box – Fresh Asian Kitchen is looking for customer service-oriented Cooks who are comfortable using kitchen equipment – ovens, fryers and a cooking range is preferred. Casual, part-time employment.
- Preparing and organizing the station and cooking food necessary to start serving.
- Food prep and cook required meals and ensure all orders are prepared quickly and according to order; also ensures that food leaves the kitchen in peak condition.
- Learn menus, recipes, preparation, and presentation.
- Ensure that all food is stored in proper containers and at proper storage and holding temperatures.
- Prepare all food for the next shift and for the following day as required and directed by Supervisor.
- Maintain the work area, including all countertops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with provincial, and company health regulations and work safety regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to use standardized food preparation techniques.
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed for work.
- Measure, cut, cook, or otherwise work on materials or objects with great precision.
- Read recipes of items to be prepared.
- Strong communication skills.
- Minimum 1-years experience in a kitchen is preferred
- Alberta Food Safety is a must
- Able to work a variety of shifts – evenings, weekends & holidays
- Valid Alberta Food Safety
Salary: $15.00-$17.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- Alberta Food Safety (preferred)